The club spent the meeting bundling flyers for the LIB bike club mailing. This ensures that all area bike clubs receive copies of our flyers to distribute to 2014 participants.
The club is still in need of a
secretary. If no one steps up we may do a lotto at our March meeting
where everyone except current officers throws their name in a hat and
we draw a winner.
This is your club people and the secretary gets to sit in on the Executive Committee meetings where all the good stuff goes on.
PPR - Our flyers for the LIB bike club mailing will be mailed shortly after this meeting
We have 4 pre-registered riders from Active.com.
Five projects have been submitted for the 2014 budget year and were voted in by the club
1. Club kit - Don Dirks - Club members get $40 off of a jersey, shorts or vest
2. PPR Volunteer Appreciation Dinner - Nancy Prafcke
3. Marseilles Flood Bike Relief - Ed Kappelman - Bikes for kids who lost theirs in the flood or who need repairs.
4. Pool party - Sally Vancil
5. Bicycle education program in conjuntion with LAB certified instructors for Ottawa Parks and Recreation summer program for children. Also will look into training one or two members of our club to be certified by LAB - Doug Brann
Proposed having the club participate in the Ride of Silence on May 21st at 7:00 pm - No action taken at this time
50/50 lotto - rolled over
RIDE SAFE, ENJOY THE OUTSIDE, WHENEVER THE WEATHER WILL LET YOU RIDE !!!!!!!!!!!!!! The next PPR club meeting will be held at 7:00 pm, March 25, 2014 at the American Legion, 901 LaSalle St. in downtown Ottawa. Enter through members only front door.