The club was supposed to put stamps on the PPR flyers to distribute to 2014 participants. An unnamed someone forgot to buy the stamps so now it will cost him beer and pizza to rectify the matter.
The club is still in need of a secretary. The President made a random assignment for this meeting for secretary. Becky Glaser was the lucky pick of the month. Thanks Becky for taking minutes for us. Next month another random person will be picked for that assignment.
Bicycle Education Program - Dixie DeVry and Don Dirks reported on the program hosted by the Ottawa Parks and Recreation for kids from 3rd thru 7th grades. The teacher was a certified LAB bicycle teacher who was fantastic with the kids. All the kids really enjoyed the program and the ice cream after each daily lesson. Hopefully we can do this project again next year.
Color selection for new jerseys for the club will be decided soon. Samples will be coming soon.
Five projects have been submitted for the 2014 budget year and were voted in by the club
1. Club kit - Don Dirks - Club members get $40 off of a jersey, shorts or vest
2. PPR Volunteer Appreciation Dinner - Nancy Prafcke
3. Marseilles Flood Bike Relief - Ed Kappelman - Bikes for kids who lost theirs in the flood or who need repairs.
4. Pool party - Sally Vancil
5. Bicycle education program in conjuntion with LAB certified instructors for Ottawa Parks and Recreation summer program for children. Also will look into training one or two members of our club to be certified by LAB - Doug Brann
We have 19 pre-registered riders.
Everyone is urged to go out and obtain sponsors for the PPR ride.
Pool party has been postponed indefinitely due to an illness in the family.
Critical meeting coming up next month! Club members need to be present to vote on whether there will be a 26th PPR ride. Dixie is retiring as ride coordinator and club members need to step up to take over.
50/50 lotto - Ed Kappelman's name was drawn, but he was not present so the prize rolled over.
RIDE SAFE, ENJOY THE OUTSIDE, WHENEVER THE WEATHER WILL LET YOU RIDE !!!!!!!!!!!!!! The next PPR club meeting will be held at 7:00 pm, August 26, 2014 at the American Legion, 901 LaSalle St. in downtown Ottawa. Enter through members only front door.