January 2015 Meeting
Tim Gatza was selected as acting Secretary for the January meeting. Minutes from the previous meeting were read and approved. The Treasurer's report was presented. PPR routes were discussed as the routes will be new for this coming year's ride. There will possibly be a rest stop at Wallace school.
The status of the application for Not for Profit status was deferred as Mike Fuller was not present at this meeting. The application could not be submitted until after the election of officers and directors at this meeting.
Election of Directors and Officers for 2015:
President and Director - Doug
Vice President and Director - Sally Vancil
Treasurer and Director - Don Dirks
Secretary - Marilyn Fabricius
Congratulations to the new Officers and Directors!
Proposed 2015 Projects:
Nine projects have been submitted for the 2015 budget year. The projects will be reviewed by the Executive Committee for appropriateness with regard to the club's proposed Not forProfit status and ability to fit into this year's budget. Those projects deemed eligible will be voted on by the club members at the February meeting.
1. Ambucs - $1,000 donate bike or bikes to handicapped children.
2. Ottawa Bike Lanes Project - $8,500
3. LAB Bike Education Pamphlets - $500
4. Bike Education (with Parks and Rec Summer Program) $800
5. Training for two members of our club to be certified by LAB - $600
6. Friendship Village 3 Wheel Trike and bike repairs $1,500
7. Member reimbursement (for rides for other clubs - 2 Max) $2,000
8. Mississippi River Trail Club Ride - $800
9. Pool party for PPR volunteers - $100
50/50 lotto - Bill Baumgartner's name was drawn, but he was not present so the prize rolled over.
RIDE SAFE, ENJOY THE OUTSIDE, WHENEVER THE WEATHER WILL LET YOU RIDE !!!!!!!!!!!!!! The next PPR club meeting will be held at 7:00 pm, February 24, 2015 at the American Legion, 901 LaSalle St. in downtown Ottawa. Enter through members only front door.